My name is Luis Mesquita. I am a Portuguese Physiotherapist and Strength and Conditioning Coach.
By having a BSc degree in Physiotherapy, and postgraduated formation in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy and Strength & Conditioning, as well as currently studying in the MSc in Strength and Conditioning, I would describe myself as a passionated individual by athletic performance enhancement, movement/skill acquisition and sports injuries prevention/rehabilitation.
Regarding professional experience, I have experience mainly by working with athletes, either as a physiotherapist, and as a Strength and Conditioning coach:
- 2013 – 2015: FC Porto (Portugal)
- 2015 – 2016: FISIOGlobal Human Performance (Portugal)
- 2016 – 2017: Shijiazhuang Yongchang Football Club (China)
- 2017 – Present: EXOS – Shanghai Research Institute of Sports Science (China)
In terms of relevant education, I would highlight:
- BSc in Physical Therapy (Portugal)
- MSc (student) in Strength and Conditioning – St. Mary’s University (United Kingdom)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist – National Strength and Conditioning Association (USA)
- Certified in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy – Curtin University of Technology (Australia)
You can check my LinkedIn profile in order to get more detailed information.