My name is Luis Mesquita. I am a Portuguese Physiotherapist and Strength and Conditioning Coach.
Having a BSc degree in Physiotherapy and advanced Strength & Conditioning education, I would describe myself as an athletic performance enthusiast. My academic and education background shaped my scope of practice towards the enhancement of physical qualities and reduction of injury risk within professional sports teams and athletes.
Over the last few years I had the opportunity to develop my skills in different elite sports environments, working for different sports and countries. Facing different realities, cultures and challenges made me improve not only on the scientific side of my career, but also the coaching and human skills.
I truly believe in a “learn-practice-teach” model as a key aspect of industry and career development. Fortunately, I am frequently invited as a speaker for national and international conferences, as well as lecturer for university, courses and workshops, giving me the opportunity to share my personal and professional experience with peers, which is tremendously rewarding.
Regarding professional experience, I have experience mainly by working with athletes, either as a physiotherapist, and as a Strength and Conditioning coach:
- 2013 – 2015: FC Porto (Portugal)
- 2015 – 2016: FISIOGlobal Human Performance (Portugal)
- 2016 – 2017: Shijiazhuang Yongchang Football Club (China)
- 2017: EXOS – Shanghai Research Institute of Sports Science and Chinese Olympic Committee (China)
In terms of relevant education, I would highlight:
- BSc in Physical Therapy (Portugal)
- MSc (student) in Strength and Conditioning – St. Mary’s University (United Kingdom)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist – National Strength and Conditioning Association (USA)
- Certified in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy – Curtin University of Technology (Australia)
You can check my LinkedIn profile in order to get more detailed information.